Wool has been a trusted fiber since ancient times.
- Wool breathes. It’s cool in summer, warm in winter.
- Wool fends off dust mites like a hero. Wool absorbs moisture from the air, keeping the humidity level low - just what dust mites don't like.
- Wool tackles microbes and bacteria. Germs don’t stand a chance.
- Wool is good for the environment. It’s renewable and biodegradable. Our wool is processed using biodegradable soap and no harsh chemicals.
- Wool is the clean freak’s friend. It resists dirt and is easy to clean.
- Wool lasts a long, long time. With proper care, wool can last for generations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the wool come from?
We know where our wool comes from and so should you! We source our wool from local farms. That means farms located in New York State or neighboring states. We pay a premium price for the wool and we know our farmers take good care of their sheep and are good stewards of the land. All of the wool in our bed pillows comes from the Kyle Farm in Avon, NY. Read about them on our blog page. https://www.ceceswool.com/blog/time-to-make-the-pillows/
Is shearing harmful?
Shearing is like getting a haircut and is done annually to remove the sheep's heavy winter coat. Shearing does not harm the sheep. In fact, shearing is necessary to keep the sheep healthy. We purchase wool from farms that use professional shearers and they do an excellent job shearing the wool with as little stress as possible.
How is the wool processed?
Our wool is gently processed using only hot water and biodegradable soap. We do not use any harsh chemicals to clean the wool. Because we don't use harsh chemicals or cabonize the wool, you will find small bits of hay and vegetable matter in the wool.